TRANSPARENCY & REPORTING
A key part of good governance is openly communicating with members. To keep members up-to-date, we share info in a number of ways.
For example, we report to members at our Annual General Meeting, we publish accountability reports and financial statements, and we have facts about our governance practices online.
WHAT IS GOOD GOVERNANCE?
Good governance means that we make every decision with the long-term interests of MEC in mind. It also means our leadership, processes and policies create the conditions for sound decision making, and that we are consistent, responsive and accountable to our members.
To make sure we stick to our commitment of good governance, our Board follows leading governance standards and practices, such as:
- Having open, two-way communication with members
- Publicly sharing our Board and Committee job descriptions
- Abiding by our Code of Conduct, which ensures the Board upholds MEC values and acts with integrity
- Following procedures for disclosing and handling any potential conflicts of interest
- Overseeing MEC's external auditor
- Ensuring our Board has the right skills and abilities
- Overseeing CEO performance
- Evaluating annual Board and director performance
If you have any questions about governance at MEC, email firstname.lastname@example.org.