Advocacy and Awareness
Through Advocacy and Awareness grants ranging from $1,000 to $15,000, MEC supports important conservation campaigns and initiatives.
We believe it is important to advocate for the conservation of landscapes and raise Canadians' awareness and understanding of current issues. We are proud to support organizations advocating to keep space for adventure.
- Has a successful track record in other campaigns
- Demonstrates broad-based community involvement and extensive coalition or collaboration work.
- Demonstrates need in terms of the landscape, body of water, or species affected
- Identifies the underlying and systemic causes of the problem(s)
- Uses an approach or strategy that provides solutions to the systemic causes of the problem. An original approach should be used when it will likely get a more positive outcome than current approaches
- Identifies key messages and communication plans to be used
- Demonstrates how you will raise awareness, understanding, and promote actions to be taken on the issue(s) among your target audience, a large number of people and key decision makers
- States measurable goals and outcomes which indicate how well approach is working
- Has goals that are attainable within the one-year grant term.
How to Apply
MEC conducts two grant cycles annually. Please complete our online application to request an Advocacy and Awareness grant through the MEC Community Contributions program.
Application deadline: March 10 (midnight Pacific Time)
Applicants notified: mid-May
Application deadline: September 10 (midnight Pacific Time)
Applicants notified: mid-November
Note: In 2012 this category changed from "Advocacy and Education" to "Advocacy and Awareness".