Application for MEC Support
MEC's Community Contributions program supports:
- Impactful and strategic grassroots, not-for-profit organizations (registered charitable status is not required)
- Outcome-oriented projects that focus on conserving ecologically or recreationally important places
- Outcome-oriented projects that focus on inspiring and enabling people to experience nature and be active outdoors in one or more of the following core activities that MEC supports: cycling, hiking, running, climbing, paddling, yoga, skiing and snowshoeing.
MEC's Community Contributions program does not support:
- Governmental organizations, including organizations that receive core funding from the government
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Individuals (with the exception of Expedition Support)
- Illegal activities
- Projects outside of Canada
- Projects that focus primarily on fundraising for medical causes
- Event sponsorship (to inquire about event sponsorship, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Playground structures
- Gardening or agricultural activities
To start an application or open an existing project please log in with your organization's member number
Need to see an example?
Not a member yet? To set up a membership for an organization please call our Service Centre at 1.888.847.0770 (Canada and USA) or 604.876.6221 (Vancouver area and international).
Please review our FAQ list
For any additional questions: