Nigel Foster Shadow Kayak
Product Number: 4018-368
Made in USA
A stable, high-volume touring kayak that offers the speed and performance of a Greenland-inspired Nigel Foster design. A good choice for larger paddlers who want one of the highest-performance boats available.
Very at home in big swell, the Shadow offers increased primary stability, together with solid secondary stability that allows confident leaning for crisp edged turns. The Shadow's design provides excellent responsiveness to edging, allowing you to truly control the boat with your body. The larger "keyhole" cockpit allows easy access. A clean deck layout – the hatches, safety line anchor points, and the compass mount are all recessed – minimizes spray.
- Made of vacuum-bagged fibreglass with vinylester resin.
- Two large oval rubberized hatches for easy loading of the bow and stern compartments.
- A separate dayhatch holds lunches, tarps, and shore clothing where they're secure, yet accessible.
- Pre-moulded compass mount area, forward of the bow hatch, where the compass course can be followed without having to take your eyes off the waves.
- Skeg provides tracking stability in rough
|Length||5.4m (17ft. 10in.)|
The depth of the boat at the front of the cockpit, measured from the inside bottom of the boat to the inside top.
|Internal Cockpit Dimensions||79 x 42cm (31 x 16½in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.
For Off-line Shopping call 1.888.847.0770 (Canada & USA), or 604.876.6221 (Vancouver & International)