MEC Slipstream Jacket (Women's)
Product Number: 5010-550
Sewn in Canada
Weight: 410g (Medium)
A high-tech hoodie, the Slipstream is a superb cool-to-cold weather climbing layer. It's made of Wind Pro® polyester fleece with a polyurethane surface coating that provides abrasion resistance, makes it water repellent, and helps block out the wind. The fabric and treatment allow plenty of breathability, so you can keep moving quickly while the clouds are rolling in.
- Polartec Wind Pro® 90% polyester and 10% spandex fabric with Hardface® treatment.
- DWR (durable water repellency) treatment on the collar fabric reduces condensation pick-up from your breath.
- Balaclava-style hood can be worn under a helmet.
- Wrap-over chinguard.
- No seams on the shoulder tops for comfort under pack straps.
- 2 chest pockets for access under a harness.
- Close cut fits easily under a harness.
|Intended Use||Climbing - alpine
Base layers offer moisture control and some insulation, whereas mid-layers offer insulating properties to the layering system. The indicated weight is a guideline for selecting either a base layer or mid-layer and offers different performance characteristics between the two types of garments.
|Fabric Content||90% polyester
|Pockets||2 mesh-lined external chest|
|Durable Water Repellency
Durable water repellency (DWR) treatments cause water to bead up and run off your clothing.
For Off-line Shopping call 1.888.847.0770 (Canada & USA), or 604.876.6221 (Vancouver & International)