MEC Derecho Jacket (Men's)
Product Number: 5018-642
Made in China
Weight: 575g (Medium)
This skookum, storm-ready layer will keep the wheels turning in wet and windy weather. It’s been tested in the worst conditions we could find, and performed like a superhero, making it an ideal solution for year-round commuters and hardcore randonneurs alike. The fabric used has exceptional breathing properties, but the heat generated by a cyclist can quickly overwhelm any fabric, so this jacket is engineered with excellent venting features at front, back and sides.
- Made of 100% polyester Entrant®, a waterproof-breathable fabric with Kudos XR DWR (durable water repellency) treatment. It’s very well-suited to cycling because it breathes steadily to keep the rider comfortable.
- An integrated storm collar creates a gasket to keep out wind and cold, significantly improving the jacket’s overall warmth while preventing warm air from escaping around your neck.
- The two-way front zipper lets you open from the bottom by a few centimetres so the jacket vents via the rear pocket, yet at the same time you can keep it zipped tight at top and stay dry in the pouring rain.
- Full-length pit zips open all the way to the hem.
- The storm collar has an inside knit collar with a cinching drawcord.
- The hung-drop mesh back pocket improves rear venting and creates a Bernoulli effect by streamlining the airflow. It also creates structure in the pocket when it’s loaded, avoiding sagging pocket syndrome.
- Napoleon pocket on front provides easy access to keys, wallet, phone, etc.
- Die-cut reflective elements are strategically placed in high-visibility areas to optimize safety.
|Intended Use||Cycling - commuting
Cycling - touring
|Pockets||1 back zippered
1 external chest
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Durable Water Repellency
Durable water repellency (DWR) treatments cause water to bead up and run off your clothing.
|Additional Feature(s)||Reflective strips|
For Off-line Shopping call 1.888.847.0770 (Canada & USA), or 604.876.6221 (Vancouver & International)