Pieps Vector Beacon
Product Number: 5023-184
Made in Austria
The first avalanche beacon available with GPS support for the primary search phase. The GPS provides a wide search area, without gaps or excessive overlaps. Once you’ve established three waypoints along a flux line, the GPS provides direct positioning with vector triangulation. The GPS-Map function provides an overview of all areas covered in your search, including mark and scan functions and signal reception. Latitude/longitude coordinates are always available for your own reference or sharing with search and rescue personnel. Your entire trip is tracked, and can be downloaded to a PC or Mac.
- Fold-out antenna allows simultaneous operation of both main antennas. It has a wide area and fast signal reception.
- Three antennas and a self-checking fourth reference antenna for maintenance-free operation.
- Distance and direction indication.
- Lithium-ion batteries perform well at low temperatures and are rechargeable with the included USB cable.
- Remaining battery power display.
- Pieps iProbe compatible, can be temporarily deactivated to allow location of the next strongest signal.
|Search Strip Width||80m|
|Multiple Burial Modes||Yes|
For Off-line Shopping call 1.888.847.0770 (Canada & USA), or 604.876.6221 (Vancouver & International)