Garmin eTrex 30 GPS
Product Number: 5026-550
Made in Taiwan
This unit has everything that made the first generation eTrex® such a hit with outdoor users, plus new capabilities to enhance hiking, paddling, driving, or geocaching. The eTrex® 30 accepts multiple kinds of maps and has a tilt-compensated true electronic compass and a barometric altimeter. It lets you share your waypoints, tracks, and routes, and geocaches wirelessly with friends who have compatible Garmin units. All this in a package small enough to slip into your shirt pocket.
The eTrex 30 accepts the free BaseCamp download that lets you plan and manage trips, routes, tracks, and waypoints and transfer them between your computer and the GPS. You can also view 24K and 100K topo maps in 2D or 3D renderings. The Track Draw function lets you trace a fluid track and get an immediate elevation profile to determine how much vertical gain that hike or climb will involve.
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver.
- HotFix® satellite prediction for quick acquisition and good signal lock, even through heavy cover, deep canyons, and tall buildings.
- Enhanced 5.6cm (2.2in.) 65k colour, sunlight readable display.
- Built-in worldwide basemap.
- 1.7GB internal memory and a microSD slot let you add additional maps, including CD TOPO maps for the trail, BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for paddling, or City Navigator® maps for turn-by-turn routing on the road.
- Three-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass shows your heading even when standing still, without holding it level.
- Barometric altimeter pinpoints your precise altitude, and can plot pressure changes over time for weather prediction.
- Shares your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPSs.
- Estimated battery life is 20 hours.
For Off-line Shopping call 1.888.847.0770 (Canada & USA), or 604.876.6221 (Vancouver & International)