FLIR First Mate HM‑224 Pro
Product Number: 5028-916
Made in USA
Maritime search and rescue professionals have used thermal viewers for years. Here’s one that’s affordable enough for paddlers, and has still image capture capability. The First Mate detects the thermal energy that all objects emit, and displays it as a video image. Since it works off differences in heat, not light, things like people, campfires, and engines show up particularly well, even in daylight or fog. Use it to locate a capsized kayaker, find your way back to your campsite, pinpoint boats motoring without lights, or assist navigating through night or mist.
- Detects people at distances up to 320m to 550m, small vessels up to 895m to 1.5k.
- Display can be toggled through white hot, black hot, or marine red.
- On-screen symbology for 2x E-Zoom, image polarity, still image capture.
- Floats and is waterproof to IP-67 (submersion up to 1 metre).
- Field of view is 19 to 24 degrees.
- Focal length is 19mm, fixed focus.
- Uses 4 rechargeable AA NiMH batteries (included), with a typical operating life of 5 hours per charge. Also accepts non-rechargeable alkaline and lithium ion batteries.
- Operating temperature range is 0 to 50°C.
- Dimensions are 23.8 × 8.4 × 6.6cm.
- SD card slot for image storage (no video capture).
- USB connector for field upgrades.
- Standard tripod mount.
- Includes hot shoe charging and video output, AC power adapter/charger, neck lanyard, manual, USB cable, and video output cable.
- Note this is a special order item. Please call us for information.
For Off-line Shopping call 1.888.847.0770 (Canada & USA), or 604.876.6221 (Vancouver & International)