MEC Mixed Tape Bicycle (Unisex)
Product Number: 5029-445
Made in Taiwan
Weight: 11.47kg (Medium)
A nice compilation of components and one of the first bikes available with the Nexus 5-speed internal hub from Shimano®. The internal hub allows you to switch gears anytime (stopped or rolling) and requires much less maintenance than a bike with an external drivetrain. The Nexus 5 model is now as light as the previous Nexus 3, but gives you two extra gears to drop into when you're going up hills or carrying a 5kg sack of apples. Revo shifters have a simple, fluid action and a large indicator to show you which gear you're currently in. The Mixed Tape will sound fine for anyone with a relatively flat 9 to 5 commute, who rides through cross town traffic, and mixes in the occasional country road.
- Lightweight, tapered aluminum frame.
- 700 x 35mm tires are built for rolling on roads and dirt roads, pathways, or light trail use.
- Shimano® Acera V-brakes (rim brakes) provide great stopping power.
- Instead of derailleurs and cassettes, the Mixed Tape uses a Shimano Nexus 5-speed internally-geared hub that lets you shift gears any time, even while waiting at a stop light.
- Upright seated position for visibility in traffic.
- MEC Ergo grips provide less pressure on palms and wide, flat tops offer even weight distribution.
- Waterproof-coated saddle with gel padding to absorb shock.
- MEC Trekking pedals can be fitted with toeclips and straps.
- Shimano Acera components.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles; particularly its steering.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Stem||MEC AS-009 31.8mm 35º|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||MEC City Riser 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Acera (V-brake rim)|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Acera|
|Derailleur (Rear)||Shimano Nexus|
|Crank + Rings||RPM City Single 42T|
|Bottom Bracket||RPM 7420|
|Hub (Front)||Shimano Acera|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano Nexus 5-speed|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Nexus 18T|
|Tires||Kenda Trekking 700 x 35|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Freccia|
For Off-line Shopping call 1.888.847.0770 (Canada & USA), or 604.876.6221 (Vancouver & International)