“Winter is coming” might be the most overused catchphrase of the past five years. Instead, try this one on for size: “Winter is here!” Yes, winter has officially arrived and over the past few weeks, inspired groups of awesome Canadians have headed out on one radical adventure after another – with the photos to back it up.
Without further ado, our top 10 picks for December:
1. Serene sunset paddle on the lake escaping the thick bricked-up gridlock only minutes away.
2. I request the highest of fives!
3. Fat bike commute to go climb a frozen waterfall: this is what you do for fun in -32°C weather.
4. Moonlight, moon bright, first moon I see tonight.
5. Happy 2017 from our backcountry to yours.
6. A new year is like a blank book, and the pen is in your hands.
7. Kachoong! The most awesome 5.11a on the planet. Named after the sound the rope makes if you take a whip at the lip.
8. Throw some snow in the air, wave at it like you just don’t care.
9. Double poling through Jasper’s winter wonderland.
10. Every time you tag your winter photos with @mec and #live4snow, MEC will donate $2 to Protect Our Winters (up to $15,000). Yahoo, let’s get tagging! But first, check out Bow Lake in full winter sunset mode: