This MEC Canada Inc. (MEC) contest is governed by the following rules. By entering this contest, you agree to comply with these rules and with the decisions of MEC and any contest judges (which are final and binding), and with applicable laws.
- General Details. The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase is necessary to enter.The contest commences at or around 9:00 am Pacific Time on January 1, 2021 and closes at 11:59 PM Pacific Time on January 15, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received before then to be eligible. The contest is open to Canadian residents who are individuals of the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the entry date. The correct answer to a mathematical skill-testing question is required to win. The chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received (and, if the contest involves voting or judging, the number of votes cast or the judges’ decisions).
- Entry. You may enter the contest by posting a video or photo on Instagram and tagging @mec along with using the hashtag #MoveForwardChallenge. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your entry is properly submitted (including by properly completing any required registration). You may enter the contest as many times as you wish.
- Picture Guidelines. Your picture must not: (a) be obscene, disparaging, discriminatory, offensive, illegal or otherwise objectionable to MEC; (b) contain any content that violates any law or any third party’s rights; (c) promote or refer to any commercial enterprises; or (d) contain URLs, text or logos laid over the photo or as watermarks.
- Picture Rights. By submitting a picture you represent and warrant to MEC that: (a) you have all rights to the picture; (b) MEC will not infringe any third-party rights by using the picture as contemplated in these rules; (c) any recognizable person depicted in the picture has consented in writing to you submitting the picture and to MEC using the picture as described in these rules.
You keep ownership of your picture. By submitting a picture, regardless of whether you are selected for a prize: (a) you waive all rights you may have with respect to the picture, including all moral rights and rights of personality, publicity or privacy; and (b) you grant to MEC the unrestricted, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to use, reproduce, communicate, modify and display the picture without any fee or other form of compensation, and without further notification or permission, for any purpose including conducting, promoting and judging the contest and advertising the contest, future contests, and products and services.
- Eligibility. You do not have to be an MEC member to enter. You may not enter if you are an MEC employee, representative, mandatary, officer or director, or a contest judge or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household member of an MEC employee, representative, mandatary, officer or director or a contest judge.
- Disqualification.MEC may disqualify you if you do not meet the contest’s eligibility criteria, do not comply with or attempt to circumvent these rules, attempt to disrupt or undermine the contest, or attempt to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or MEC representatives.
- Winner. Winners will be selected as set out below. MEC will notify you by email, mail or telephone if you have been selected to receive a prize. To be declared a winner and eligible for the prize, you mustbe in compliance with these rules, and must sign and deliver to MEC (within any period that MEC specifies) a standard declaration and release form, which will include: a declaration of your compliance with these rules, an acceptance of the prize as awarded, a publicity release, a liability release, the correct answer to a skill-testing question, and any other documentation that MEC may require. If you cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the selection date, if you do not otherwise promptly respond to MEC’s communications, or if you do not sign and return any required documentation within the time periods that MEC specifies, you will forfeit the prize and your entries will be declared void.
The contest judges will select the potential winning post based on originality and overall photographic quality and based on any posted criteria. The judges’ decisions are final and binding.
MEC expects to announce the names of the final winners on or around Tuesday, January 19, 2021 before midnight via Instagram stories and Facebook post.
- Prize. There is one prize to be won:
- 1 x $500 MEC gift card
The prize must be accepted as awarded (with no substitutions), and may not be sold, transferred or converted into cash.
The winner shall claim the prize before Friday, January 22, 2021, or the prize will be delivered to the winner.
- Cancellation.MEC may cancel, change, extend or suspend the contest if for any reason MEC cannot run the contest as planned. If that occurs, MEC may award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment, or award no prize.
- Publicity. Except where otherwise prohibited by law, participation in the contest constitutes a winner’s consent to MEC’s use of the winner’s name,home town and photograph for promotional purposes without further notification, permission, payment or consideration.
- Disclaimer.MEC is not responsible for and does not accept liability for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from: (a) your participation in, or inability to participate in, the contest; (b) any lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or undeliverable entries, or any delay or failure to transmit, process, receive or consider entries; (c) any technical failures affecting your participation in the contest or the operation of the contest; (d) any injury or damage to persons or property caused directly or indirectly from your participation in the contest; (e) your receipt, use or redemption of any prize, or your inability to receive, use or redeem any prize; or (f) human error, theft, destruction or other factors beyond MEC’s control.
- Release and Indemnity. By participating in this contest you release and agreed to indemnify and hold harmless MEC, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, etc.>, and their employees, directors, officers, affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotional agencies from any damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, liability or losses (including actual legal fees and expenses), known or unknown, absolute or contingent, arising from or related to: (a) your failure to comply with any of these rules; (b) your participation in the contest; (c) any misrepresentation you make under these rules or otherwise to MEC; or (d) your receipt, use or redemption of any prize, or your inability to receive, use or redeem any prize.
- Social Media. You acknowledge that the contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook,Linkedin or Instagram. You and your contest entry must comply with the above social media platform’s terms of service You hereby completely release Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin and its owners and operators from all liability. You should direct any questions, comments or complaints about the contest to MEC and not Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin.
- Law and Disputes. These rules are governed by the laws applicable in British Columbia. Any disputes, claims or causes of action arising out of or connected with the contest, prize or these rules will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court of British Columbia, Canada.
- For Québec residents. If the contest is operated in Quebec, Canada, any decision to be made by MEC may be subject to a ruling of the Régie desalcools des courses et des jeux du Québec. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Language. The parties have expressly requested that this agreement and any related document be prepared in the English language. If there is any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of these contest rules, the English version will prevail, govern and control.
Les parties aux présentes ont expressément demandé à ce que cette convention et les documents qui s’y rapportent soient rédigés en anglais. En cas de divergence ou d’incohérence entre les versions anglaise et française de ces règles de concours, la version anglaise prévaudra, régira et contrôlera.