1. How should I take care of my new…
- Sleeping bag: Here’s everything you need to know about how to take care of and wash a sleeping bag. Whether you bought a down or synthetic sleeping bag, we’ve got you covered.
- Down jacket: Taking care of your down jacket properly and washing it carefully can help it last longer. Read more about how to wash a down jacket.
Waterproof jacket or pants: As you take them on adventures, your waterproof jacket and pants will need some TLC to keep them looking and working their best. Here’s how to wash a waterproof jacket. If the worst happens and you need to repair a hole or fix a broken zipper, we can help with that, too.
For more info on choosing and taking care of your outdoor gear, check out our page on repairing and reusing products.
2. Where can I get a copy of the manual for my tent?
If you lost your manual or never had one, you can often find a copy online on the manufacturer’s website. If you have any questions, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use Live Chat, and we’ll do our best to help you out.
3. Why don’t you stock all items in every store?
Our store space is limited, so we sometimes have to make the difficult decision not to carry certain items in a particular store. If you come to an MEC store and don’t find what you’re looking for, ask a staffer. We’ll help you order what you’re looking for as quickly as possible.