A backpacking classic, the renowned MSR WhisperLite is weight-efficient and burns widely available, inexpensive white gas. To keep the fuel line clean, it uses a Shaker Jet system. Just invert the stove and give it a shake before lighting. This greatly reduces carbon build-up and the need for field maintenance. The fuel tank is separate from the stove, so you can completely wrap the burner with the windscreen for efficient cooking even in windy conditions.
- Steel and brass burner components, rugged plastic pump.
- Fuel burns 100 to 255 minutes (when using a 650g bottle).
- Includes a durable nylon bag with a maintenance tool.
- Fuel bottle sold separately.
- A version of this stove that burns both kerosene and white gas is also available, see the WhisperLite Internationale.
|Burner components||Steel and brass|
Stoves are designed to burn specific fuels. All stoves should only be used with recommended fuels to prevent damage.
The average time it takes to boil 1L of water. Wind, air temperature and elevation will affect boil time in the field.
The output of any heat generating device is shown in BTUs (British Thermal Units) which measure the amount of heat energy needed to raise the temperature of 1lb. of water by 1°F.
|Dimensions||10 x 10cm|
Heat reflectors are placed under the burner and reflect heat back up towards the cooking pot. This helps save fuel and speed cooking time.
Liquid fuel stoves require a fuel pump to pressurize the fuel tank.