Here’s a bird of a different feather, or fibre. Or both. This bag combines synthetic insulation with down, positioning each fill where its particular qualities shine. Areas that are compressed or exposed to moisture in use – the bottom of the bag, the hood, and the end of the footbox – are insulated with Hyperloft. In the top of the bag, a single layer of Hyperloft is quilted to the outer shell. Between this layer and the liner is a layer of duck down, held in place by box baffles and positioned where it can reach maximum loft.
The Hyperloft layer moves the dew point outward, reducing moisture accumulation within the down. The result is an innovative bag that is lighter and more compact than a purely synthetic bag, yet less expensive and more robust in damp conditions than a purely down bag.
- 30-denier, 364-thread-count microfibre outer shell, with a 45-denier, 280-thread-count nylon lining.
- MEC offset-quilted Hyperloft and 575 fill-power duck down. Fill weight averages 375g down with 2 layers of Hyperloft.
- MEC yoke and muff system with a small internal pocket.
- 26 x 44cm stuff sack and cotton storage bag included.
- To make the most efficient use of down, more insulation is above the sleeper than beneath. This best suits those who sleep on their backs or roll within the bag, rather than those who turn the bag with them as they roll over.
|Seasons||3-season (-2°C to -12°C)|
|Insulation||575 fill-power duck down + synthetic|
The size of the bag when compressed using ASTM standard. This measurement is not available for all brands.
The thickness or puffiness of a bag – a key factor in determing a bag's warmth.
An insulated collar that covers yours neck and shoulders to reduce heat loss.