The Fury commingles two bloodlines –- the field-proven sturdiness of Moss Tent’s balance of compression with tension, together with MSR’s ability to trim every excess gram. The main tent features three poles, providing a lot of stiffness and strength for the tent’s weight. A separate hooped pole maximizes room in the vestibule.
Colour-coded poles and continuous pole sleeves allow easy set-up. A large zippered rear window works with the single door to provide
maximum ventilation in fair weather.
The generously sized compression-sack tent bag makes packing easy –- pile the tent on the built-in tarp, then roll it into the attached bag. The tarp can also be used around camp.
- Floor is made of 70-denier nylon taffeta with an extra-high, 210-thread count for strength, and polyurethane coated for waterproofness to 10,000mm.
- Fly is made of 75-denier ripstop polyester, polyurethane coated for waterproofness to 1500mm.
- Canopy is made of 40-denier 238-thread count ripstop nylon, calendered on one side.
- Frame is made of 7001-T6 aluminum.
- Inside dimensions (main tent, excluding vestibule): length 2.3m, width 1.5m at front, 1.2m at end.
- Floor area is 3.3 sq. m, vestibule area is 0.8 sq. m.
- Minimum weight is 2.9kg, packaged weight is 3.3kg.
- Packed size is 15 x 40cm.
- Zipper flaps, zipper pulls, and guylines are reflective for easy use at night.
- Sewn in China, fabric from Taiwan, frame from South Korea.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||40-denier nylon ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||Nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||70-denier nylon|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||75-denier polyester ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.1m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||40 x 15cm|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.8sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.