Six lens choices for your MEC Espresso sunglasses. All lenses fully block UV in accordance with international standards, transmitting 0.1% UVA and less than 0.1% UVB. These polycarbonate lenses are very lightweight and offer good impact protection. They almost have the clarity of glass, though they are more prone than glass to scratching over time. Please note that despite their excellent toughness, these lenses are not designed to pass official, impact-proof certification (as for use with power tools, for example). Such certified safety lenses are made from much thicker and heavier polycarbonate. Lens choices are:
- Brown, with light transmission rates of 10% visible light, 6% blue light, 0.1% UVA, and <0.1% UVB. This is a fairly dark lens, ideal for high-glare conditions such as travel on snow, sand, or around water.
- Smoke with blue mirror, with light transmission rates of 15% visible light, 12% Blue light, 0.1% UVA, and <0.1% UVB. This is a neutral grey with a light, flash mirror coating, ideal for all general, bright conditions.
- Grey, with light transmission rates of 15% visible and 15% blue light. Same as the above lens, but without the flash mirror.
- Rose-brown, with light transmission rates of 37% visible light and 20% blue light. A terrific, all round lens for a wide variety of conditions. A little light for intense glare, but good for varying conditions (such as riding in and out of the forest, where seeing well enough not to crash into things is the priority).
- Yellow, with light transmission rates of 87% visible light and 5% blue light. Best for low light, fog, or dull, cloudy conditions.
- Clear, with light transmission rates of 93% visible light and 93% blue light. The only lens we recommend for use at night, but also good for low light or dull, cloudy conditions. Despite being clear, this lens still fully blocks UV to the same UV400 standard as our other offerings.