This is a strongly-built shovel; the connector tube and blade have been heat-treated after welding to relieve residual stresses and produce a rugged shaft-to-blade interface.
- D-grip handle for easy grip; it features a unique ice axe loop attachment point.
- Handle and blade are red for easy location in the snow.
- Dry-stash compartment in handle.
- Multiple slots in the blade allow easy attachment to pack, rigging an emergency rescue sled with skis, or rigging as a deadman snow anchor.
- Available in two versions: ultralight short or longer telescoping handle.
|Blade material||6000-series aluminum|
D-grips provide better comfort and control but are bulkier than T-grips which are more compact for storage in a pack.
|Blade dimensions||26.5 x 24cm|
Maximum usable length
The maximum usable length of the shovel when the shaft is fully extended.