Areas that are compressed or exposed to moisture while in use – the bottom of the bag, the hood, and the end of the footbox – are insulated with Hyperloft. In the top of the bag, a single layer of Hyperloft is quilted to the outer shell. Between the Hyperloft layer and the liner is a layer of duck down, held in place by box baffles and positioned where the down can reach maximum loft.
The layer of Hyperloft moves the dew point outward, reducing moisture accumulation within the down. The result is an innovative bag that is lighter and more compact than a purely synthetic bag, yet less expensive and more robust in damp conditions than a purely down bag.
- Filled with shingled MEC Hyperloft synthetic insulation and 575 fill-power duck down.
- 30-denier, 364 thread count polyester microfibre outer shell, with a 40-denier, 280 thread count nylon lining.
- MEC yoke and muff system with a small internal pocket.
- 28 x 50cm stuff sack.
- To make the most efficient use of the down, more of the fill is above the sleeper. This best suits those who sleep on their backs or roll within the bag, rather than those who turn the bag with them.
- When ordering please specify left or right zip. Note that it is easier to reach across your body and zip up the opposite side – left zip if you are right-handed and right zip if you are left-handed. If you plan to zip two bags together you will need two bags with the same type and size of zipper (zippers must also be on opposite sides).