A rugged ABS helmet with a bill. The unique H.O.G. (Hand Of God) fitting adjustment system features two opposing ratchets that tighten monofilament lines on a PVC head harness. This system allows micro-tuning the harness tension for a secure and comfortable fit.
- Injection-moulded ABS shell.
- Unique H.O.G. fitting adjustment system.
- Multiple impact EPP foam liner laminated to a plush cloth that holds the fitting pads.
- Interchangeable closed-cell foam pads allow a custom fit.
- Soft tube nylon webbing.
- CE 1385 Certificate (International standard for whitewater helmets).
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||Vinyl Nitrate|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).