This stylish helmet provides protection for commuters, tourers, and mountain bikers. Expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam liner absorbs shocks. Quick Fit fastening system ensures secure, comfortable fit. Protective microshell cover wraps around lower ear for extra protection.
- Sixteen vents on the top and sides provide plenty of ventilation and comfort.
- Detachable visor shields against sun and precipitation.
- Pinch-guard-style buckle helps prevent pinching tender skin with the Fastex® chin buckle.
- Rear reflector enhances visibility to others in low light.
- CPSC approved.
- Fits heads with a circumference of 54 to 61cm.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable suspension system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).