The bane of most liquid-fuel stoves is their inability to simmer. The DragonFly can sustain any output from candle flame to full bore, making it ideal for soufflés and stove-top baking. A Shaker Jet cleans most blockages by simply inverting the burner and shaking it before lighting the stove. The separate fuel tank allows the burner to be safely and completely enclosed with the wrap-around windscreen for effective operation in breezes. Excellent for frequent users, mountaineers, and gourmet four-season cooks.
- Folds to one-third of set-up size.
- Aluminum and steel burner components, rugged plastic pump.
- Switch the supplied jets to burn either white gas or kerosene
- Boils 1L of water in 3.5mins. at 30psi (white gas), 3.9mins. at 30psi (kerosene).
- Burn rate is 650g in 126 minutes at 30psi (white gas), 153 minutes at 30psi (kerosene).
- Output is 8700BTU (white gas), 6800BTU (kerosene).
- 3 dual wire pot supports fold out to provide a stable base that holds large pots or fry pans.
- Pump is specific to the DragonFly, not compatible with WhisperLite stoves.
- Includes a durable nylon bag, maintenance tool and CoolFuel Tool that helps clean out carbon deposits that can clog your stove.
- Maintenance kit and spare parts are available.
- Fuel bottle sold separately.
Stoves are designed to burn specific fuels. All stoves should only be used with recommended fuels to prevent damage.
|Burner components||Aluminum and steel|
The average time it takes to boil 1L of water. Wind, air temperature and elevation will affect boil time in the field.
|Dimensions||17 x 7cm|
The output of any heat generating device is shown in BTUs (British Thermal Units) which measure the amount of heat energy needed to raise the temperature of 1lb. of water by 1°F.
Liquid fuel stoves require a fuel pump to pressurize the fuel tank.
Heat reflectors are placed under the burner and reflect heat back up towards the cooking pot. This helps save fuel and speed cooking time.