La Sportiva Testarossa Rock Shoes - Unisex
“Don’t drive your Ferrari around on gravel roads.” The same applies for the Testarossa sport-climbing shoe. With an aggressive down-cambered last and curved shape, they are designed for high-performance climbers on steep gymnastic routes. The patented La Sportiva® slingshot rand drives the foot forward and concentrates the power in the big toe area. The hammer toe fit allows wickedly precise foot placements, effective toe-ing, and powerful grabbing. Make no mistake these are not all-round shoes, but high-performance, steep, over-hanging route eaters.
- Slip lasted construction with a radical anatomical shape.
- Combination leather and Lorica® uppers provide good fit and limit stretch.
- Split heal rubber wraps nicely and limits rubber slack.
- Midsoles are Hytrel anotomical inserts.
- 4mm soles with XS Grip2™ rubber with 1.8mm rands.
- Fit half to one size bigger than other La Sportiva shoes.
A neutral shoe suits long routes and cracks. Moderate shoes allow precision and good edging. Aggressive shoes are downturned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
|Uppers||Leather + synthetic|
|Outsoles||4mm Vibram XS Grip 2|