La Sportiva Testarossa Rock Shoes - Unisex
“Don’t drive your Ferrari around on gravel roads.” The same applies for the Testarossa sport-climbing shoe. With an aggressive down-cambered last and curved shape, they are designed for high-performance climbers on steep gymnastic routes. The patented La Sportiva® slingshot rand drives the foot forward and concentrates the power in the big toe area. The hammer toe fit allows wickedly precise foot placements, effective toe-ing, and powerful grabbing. Make no mistake these are not all-round shoes, but high-performance, steep, over-hanging route eaters.
- Slip lasted construction with a radical anatomical shape.
- Combination leather and Lorica® uppers provide good fit and limit stretch.
- Split heal rubber wraps nicely and limits rubber slack.
- Midsoles are Hytrel anotomical inserts.
- 4mm soles with XS Grip2™ rubber with 1.8mm rands.
- Fit half to one size bigger than other La Sportiva shoes.
A flat profile suits long routes and cracks. Curved shoes allow precision and good edging. Hooked shoes are down-turned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
|Uppers||Leather + synthetic|
|Outsoles||4mm Vibram XS Grip 2|