The G3 is based on Seaward's best-selling double, the Passat. It retains the same long, fast, graceful lines. Overall depth is slightly increased, and the cockpits are a bit further apart. This makes room for a centre compartment that is fully bulkheaded off from the rest of the boat. Pop off the centre hatch, drop in the optional, removable seat, and you have a third cockpit for smaller passengers.
By devoting great care and attention to the finishing of each boat before it leaves the plant, Seaward has built an enviable reputation as one of North America's premier kayak makers.
The long length, semi-V hull, and 26-inch beam make for comfortable cruising. High cargo capacity lets you pack for one of the great benefits of sea kayaking – massive feasts on deserted beaches, with comfy chairs.
The rudder is controlled by pivoting the pedals rather than sliding them back and forth; this allows the paddler to brace more solidly into the boat for greater stability and control whether the rudder is in or out of the water.
The cockpits are easily fine-tuned. Seat backs can be moved horizontally forward or backward by mounting them in either of two sets of predrilled holes. They can then be adjusted for tilt using a strap. The seat bottoms are padded with minicell foam in nylon covers. The covers can be opened for sculpting the existing foam or adding more.
- Made with hand-laid fibreglass.
- Heavy-duty plastic keel guard protects the bottom of the stern during landings.
- Surf-style rudder pivots 270 degrees into V-bracket on rear deck.
- Lowering and raising lines for the rudder are on opposite sides of the cockpit to minimize confusion.
- Secure nylon straps hold the paddle steady for paddle-float self-rescues. Quick-release tabs free it rapidly after re-entry.
- Can be ordered in any colour combination. Contact retail staff or call our Service Centre.
The depth of the boat at the front of the cockpit, measured from the inside bottom of the boat to the inside top.
|Internal cockpit dimensions||82 x 41cm (32¼ x 16in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.