Whether you are a skier, climber, hiker, or outdoor generalist, this wrist-top computer has all the features you need to navigate, confirm slope aspect, and perform basic weather forecasting without carrying multiple instruments. However, you should always travel with a conventional compass or a baseplate compass to do serious map work. The altimeter is very accurate and useful for navigation when you can't see a point to take a bearing or you are below the treeline. The barometer holds four days of records and can be used for fairly accurate trending and some basic weather forecasting.
- Contemporary faceplate with fairly intuitive functionality.
- Basic timepiece functions include: time and date in 12- or 24-hour format, 3 daily alarms, stopwatch, and countdown timer.
- Altimeter tracks to 9,000m and also offers vertical ascent / descent rate, altitude differentiate, 24-hour automatic memory, altitude alarm, and customizable logbook.
- Barometer atmospheric pressure displayed in mbar/in Mercury, with 4-day automatic memory.
- Temperature displayed in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Compass bearing in degrees with 3-degree accuracy, north-south arrow, bearing tracking, declination adjustment, and on-display instructions for calibration.
- Electro-luminescent backlight and user-replaceable battery.
|Wrist strap material||Resin|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Vertical speed indicator||Yes|
Devices with a logging function will track and store altitude changes over a specific period of time. This allows you to track the changes in elevation and total elevation gained or lost during a climb, hike, or ride. It also enables you to track the number of runs you do on a stellar ski day!
|Heading in degrees||Yes|
|Metric/imperial units format||Yes|
|Heart rate monitor||No|
|Batteries||1 lithium CR2430 (included)|
|Max split time||2|
|Replaceable wrist strap||Yes|
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
|Chest strap||Not compatible|