The G-14 combine the front points found on steep ice models with the horizontal semi-rigid frames favoured on more general-purpose mountain models. The result is crampons that can be used by alpinists everywhere, but are particularly suited to moving on steep ice and mixed terrain. The Cramp-o-matic bindings feature a heel bail and stainless steel front bail. Quick and easy to put on, but suitable only for plastic or leather mountaineering boots with rigid soles and substantial heel and toe welts.
- Chromoly steel and three-dimensional stamping for strength.
- Strong vertical front points are hooded for horizontal resistance in softer conditions.
- Horizontal frame keeps the crampons close to the boots for balance and to reduce snow build-up.
- Collapsible frame stows compactly.
- Quick-to-use tensioned spring length adjustment.
- Simple single-screw front-point attachment allows easy conversion between dual and monopoint.
- Includes antibot plate with active snow-expelling design.
- Fits boot sizes 36 to 47 (Men’s 5-13, Women’s 6 and above).
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
The manufacturers' recommended boot size. Some crampons can be extended by changing the centre rail.
Anti-snow plates keep snow from balling underfoot.