The G-14 combines the front points found on steep ice models with the horizontal semi-rigid frames favoured on more general-purpose mountain models. The result is crampons that can be used by alpinists everywhere, but are particularly suited to moving on steep ice and mixed terrain. The semi-rigid design adjusts easily without tools to fit different boot sizes. The bindings fit boots without front welts, but the heel throw requires a rear welt for a secure fit.
- Chromoly steel and three-dimensional stamping for strength.
- Strong vertical front points are hooded for horizontal resistance in softer conditions.
- Horizontal frame keeps the crampons close to the boots for balance and reduces snow build-up.
- Collapsible frame stows compactly.
- Quick-to-use tensioned spring length adjustment.
- Simple single-screw front-point attachment allows easy conversion between dual and monopoint.
- Includes antibot plate with active snow-expelling design.
- Fits boot sizes 36 to 47 (Men’s 5 to 13, Women’s 6 and above).
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
The manufacturers' recommended boot size. Some crampons can be extended by changing the centre rail.
Anti-snow plates keep snow from balling underfoot.