The Cosma's fine entryline, moderate rocker, 23in. beam and shallow V multi-chined hull make a stable and seaworthy light touring and day boat. The multiple chines create a superb platform for edging and secondary stability. Best suited to paddlers less than 180lb. (82kg).
By devoting great care and attention to the finishing of each boat before it leaves the plant, Seaward has built an enviable reputation as one of North America's premier kayak makers.
The rudder is controlled by pivoting the pedals rather than sliding them back and forth. This allows the paddler to brace more solidly into the boat for greater stability and control whether the rudder is in or out of the water.
The cockpit is easily fine-tuned. Seat backs can be moved horizontally forward or backward by mounting them in either of two sets of predrilled holes. They can then be adjusted for tilt using a strap. The seat bottoms are padded with minicell foam in nylon covers. The covers can be opened for sculpting the existing foam or adding more.
- Made with hand-laid fibreglass.
- Cockpit opening is 31 x 16in. (79 x 41cm).
- Heavy-duty plastic keel guard protects the bottom of the stern during landings.
- Surf-style rudder pivots 270 degrees into V-bracket on rear deck.
- Lowering and raising lines for the rudder are on opposite sides of the cockpit to minimize confusion.
- Secure nylon straps hold the paddle steady for paddle-float self-rescues. Quick-release tabs free it rapidly after re-entry.
|Length||4.9m (16ft. 2in.)|
The depth of the boat at the front of the cockpit, measured from the inside bottom of the boat to the inside top.
|Internal cockpit dimensions||79 x 41cm (31 x 16in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.