This compact porro-prism unit offers nice optics for a nice price. A good choice for those who prioritize weight, size, and affordability.
- Front and back surfaces of eyepiece and objective are multi-coated. The rest of the lenses have basic anti-reflective coating.
- 8x magnification.
- Close focus is 2.8m.
- Optics use quality BaK4 prisms.
- Small 21mm objective lenses are compact, but the reduced size and weight allows only modest brightness and performance at dawn or dusk.
- 13mm eye relief may not be comfortable when used with eyeglasses.
- With UCF designs, only the eyepieces move to adjust eye-to-eye width. This offers better long-term alignment than equivalent-sized, centre-hinge styles.
This tells you how many times an object is magnified when observed through the binoculars.
The diameter of the objective lens will impact how bright, sharp, and comfortable your view is. Generally, bigger is better.
Lens coatings reduce light loss and glare to increase contrast and diminish eyestrain. Coated: one layer on external surfaces only. Fully coated: every surface is coated. Multi-coated: multiple layers on some of the surfaces. Fully multi-coated: multiple layers on every optical surface.
Field of view
The widest dimension of circular viewing area that you can see.
The nearest distance at which the binoculars will focus on an object.
A measure of image brightness. The greater the realtive brightness number the better the binoculars will perform in dim light.
The diameter of the objective (outside) lens divided by the binocular's magnification. It indicates the amount of light that reaches your eye (most noticeable in low light conditions). Higher numbers offer brighter images.
The distance between the eyepiece and your eye while still allowing entire field of view. Long eye relief is good for eyeglass wearers.
|Dimensions||8.3 x 4.8cm|
Waterproof binoculars are assembled with O-rings and are purged with nitrogen to avoid condensation. They are ideal for boating or use in rainy weather.
These binoculars can be adjusted for variances between right and left eye vision.