The Hiker Pro includes extra features for higher performance and improved versatility. This basic, low-maintenance, field-serviceable microfilter is extremely resistant to clogging, thanks to a high-surface-area pleated filter cartridge that is surrounded by a fine membrane. The Hiker is effective to 0.2 microns, protecting against protozoa and larger bacteria.
- Ideal for infrequent or occasional use.
- Filters up to 1L per minute (48 strokes per litre).
- Universal bottle adapter fits most hydration systems.
- Includes field maintenance kit with cleanable filter protector to extent cartridge life in challenging conditions.
- Quick connect kit fittings provide compatibility with many hydration systems.
- Pleated glass fibre filter element filters about 1150L depending on water quality.
- Ergonomic handle is comfortable and easy to pump.
- Includes hydration accessories, pre-filter, universal bottle adapter, carry bag.
- Approximate dimensions are 16 x 9 x 6cm.
- Please note: This is a water-filtration unit, not a water purifying system.
|Ideal for||Camping and hiking|
Water can be treated using various types of filters, chemicals or non-chemical purification methods, or a combination. Filters on their own will not remove viruses as they are too small.
|Glass-fibre filter w/carbon core|
|Dimensions||16.5 x 7.6cm|
The life of the filter cartridge is based on the quantity of water you can treat before the cartridge is no longer effective. This does not apply to battery operated or chemical filter systems.
A 0.5 micron or smaller filters protozoa and some large bacteria; 0.2 micron or smaller filters smaller bacteria such as campylobacter.
Effective against protozoa
Protozoa are larger than one micron and include cryptosporidium and giardia.
Effective against viruses
Most viruses are in the 1.0 micron size range, but they can be as small as 0.002 microns.
Effective against particulate
Particulate consists of very small bits and pieces such as dirt or bugs.
Effective against bacteria
Bacteria can cause illnesses such as diarrhea and dysentery and are about 1.0 micron in size, although some can be as small as 0.2 microns.