Seaward's most stable kayak is also a quick and responsive cruiser. With new recessed deck fittings, flush hatches, and pretty bow, the Tyee is a great all around touring boat. The flatter hull and long waterline make it an excellent platform for fishing, photography, or just casual cruising, yet it's agile enough for tripping.
The snug-fitting cockpit is easily fine-tuned. The seatback can be moved horizontally forward or backward by mounting it in either of two sets of predrilled holes, then adjusted for tilt using a strap. The seat bottom is padded with mini-cell foam in a nylon cover. The cover can be opened for sculpting the existing foam or adding more.
- Made with hand-laid fibreglass.
- Heavy-duty plastic keel guard protects the bottom of the stern during landings.
- Surf-style rudder pivots 270 degrees into V-bracket on rear deck.
- Lowering and raising lines for the rudder are on opposite sides of the cockpit to minimize confusion.
- Secure nylon straps hold the paddle steady for paddle-float self-rescues. Quick-release tabs free it rapidly after re-entry.
The depth of the boat at the front of the cockpit, measured from the inside bottom of the boat to the inside top.
|Internal cockpit dimensions||82 x 42cm (32¼ x 16½in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.