Kokatat is justly famous for their mobility maximizing cut and quality construction. This drytop delivers all that, plus the comfort of waterproof breathability, thanks to Kokatat's proprietary Tropos fabric.
Tropos has a custom urethane coating that provides total waterproofness, while allowing moisture vapour to escape to the outside. It's about midway between non-breathable coatings and GORE-TEX® in performance and durability.
So, if you're a paddler who wants the comfort of waterproof-breathability at an affordable price, the Helix is for you. (If you're a hard-core, every-weekend-or-more paddler, you might consider one of Kokatat's GORE-TEX tops.)
- Tropos waterproof-breathable fabric, a urethane-coated nylon taffeta.
- Factory sealed seams.
- Tropos Light inner skirt.
- Dual-adjustable outer skirt incorporates hook-and-loop compatible neoprene.
- Latex wrist and neck gaskets with super-stretch neoprene self-draining cuffs and collar.
- Self-draining, zippered chest pocket with key lanyard.