The GMED is the women's version of Kokatat's ever-popular GORE-TEX® Meridian front-entry drysuit. In addition to tailoring that accommodates a woman's shape, it features a full drop-seat relief zip and GORE-TEX socks. It's comfortable, convenient, and cheaper than ordering the two additional features separately.
The relief zipper does away with the need to peel off PFD, sprayskirt, and the suit torso to answer nature's call. The socks keep your feet dry and warm, and allow you vary the insulation with your choice of inner socks. They should
be protected with appropriate paddling footwear.)
GORE-TEX increases your comfort by reducing condensation build up. You'll appreciate this if you wear a drysuit for prolonged periods while touring or when the air is warm but the water is very cold.
Note: this shell-fabric suit provides no insulation by itself. It's designed to be worn over insulating layers that are appropriate for the local air and water conditions.
- Made of Evolution, a waterproof-breathable 3-ply GORE-TEX laminate, with 3.2oz. fabric on the inside and rugged 500-denier Cordura® on the outside.
- Rugged metal-toothed Optiseal zipper runs diagonally across the chest for easy changing. Waterproof to 30ft. (9.1m), with a flap to protect it against grit.
- Paddling Anatomy Design with Competition Cut underarms for maximum freedom of movement.
- Dual-adjustment overskirt with a hook-and-loop-compatible neoprene waistband that pulls over your sprayskirt to keep the water out of your cockpit.
- Adjustable bungee drawcord waist.
- Glued latex neck and wrist gaskets.
- Neoprene closures over all latex gaskets reduce abrasion and UV exposure. The wrist and neck cuffs are punched-through so they are to be self-draining.
- Self-draining Cordura-reinforced seat and knee patches for increased durability.
- Factory-sealed seams.
- Self-draining zippered chest pocket with key lanyard.
- Note: this is a special order item.