La Sportiva Nepal Evo Gore-Tex Mountaineering Boots - Women's
Lightweight and versatile brutes, built to manage all-mountain terrain and steep ice with equal aplomb. The GORE-TEX® lining makes these boots warmer and provides reliable waterproof protection. The Nepal are an ideal choice for any alpine adventure, except those enjoyed in the dead of a Canadian winter or on extended high alpine outings where a double plastic boot would be a more prudent selection.
- Uppers are premium silicone-impregnated Idro-Perwanger rough-out leather with sticky rubber rands.
- Warm and waterproof GORE-TEX® Duratherm® liners teamed up with insulating 9mm thermal insoles minimize cold conduction.
- Breathable tongue for moisture management.
- Patented flexible ankle system provides ample lateral support yet is forgiving enough to allow challenging crampon placements.
- The integrated elastic snow gaiter helps keep snow and spindrift outside the boot.
- Midsoles are tapered and graded polyurethane, which feels lively underfoot while still providing superb stiffness with crampons on steep ice.
- Shock-absorbing polyurethane inserts under the heel and the ball of the foot.
- Outsoles are Vibram® featuring the new IBS (Impact Brake System) designed to soften impact on hard ground and improve overall traction.
|Ideal for||Snow and ice climbing|
Rubber on the toe and around the boot improves durability. It can also increase grip while scrambling.
Rigid boots with defined toe and heel welts can use compatible step-in crampons or any other type of crampon. Rigid boots with a heel welt but no toe welt can use hybrid crampons or strap-on crampons. Semi-rigid boots can use strap-on crampons only.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
|Removable inner boot||No|