A year and a half in the making, the first MEC-brand PFD delivers comfort, configurability, durability, and value. As the first PFD manufacturer to use our new soft, cross-linked PE foam, we invested considerable time and money to get it approved for use. It was worth it.
The foam meets all UL and ULC testing standards, and exceeds many of them. It's lighter, more buoyant, better aging, and, best of all, more friendly to the environment than traditional PVC foams. (We think that last benefit is such a good thing that we're making the PE foam available to any other manufacturer who wants it.)
The front panels are shaped around a body form, for a true three-dimensional fit. They're complemented by staggered side-adjust straps that are easy to grab, and low-profile shoulder adjustments positioned beneath the front panels. These details and the soft PE foam, provide amazing freedom of movement. Air mesh panels on the inside maximize cooling circulation, and let you get the most from breathable paddling tops or drysuits.
A band of "sharkskin" neoprene on the lower interior reduces ride-up. Add the optional rescue belt, hydration pocket, and left and / or right front pockets to build a custom Source PFD.
- Outer shell is high tenacity nylon developed specifically for MEC – the toughest material used by any PFD manufacturer.
- Interior lining is light, comfortable nylon.
- Super soft, light, buoyant, non-PVC foam.
- Three-dimensional shaped front panels.
- White contrast colour maximizes visibility on (or in) the water.
- Built-in knife sleeve fits Wenoka Squeeze blades.