A high-tech twist on tradition, the Amenity is tailored to work in the middle of a classic base, mid-layer, shell system for multi-day mountain trips. As a mid-layer, it insulates the body from external cold and moves moisture from base layers to your outerwear. With its superb construction and cutting-edge fabrics, it rivals the performance of other garments found at twice the price.
The Polartec® Thermal Pro® fleece is a special bio-mimicry version with a surface texture inspired by the fur of artic animals. Longer, coarser "guard hairs" on the fabric create and maintain loft, interspersed with a dense "underfur" of microfibres that trap warm air.
- 100% Polartec High Loft Thermal Pro polyester fleece with an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio, superb moisture transfer, and excellent breathability.
- Side panels and underarms are Polartec Power Stretch® fleece for outstanding range of motion and breathability without the weight and bulk of zippered underarm vents.
- Two hand warmer pockets.
- One chest pocket.
- Shockcord hem prevents heat leaks.
- Seam-free shoulder tops for comfort when carrying a pack.
- Jacket has been tweaked for better fit, and cuffs added to prevent "bagging out" at the wrists.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Fabric content||100% polyester|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.