A high-tech hoodie, the Slipstream is a superb cool-to-cold weather climbing layer. It's made of polyester fleece with a polyurethane surface coating that provides abrasion resistance, makes it water repellent, and helps block out the wind. The fabric and treatment allow plenty of breathability, so you can move quickly while the clouds are rolling in.
- Polartec Wind Pro® polyester and spandex fabric with Hardface® treatment.
- DWR (durable water repellency) treatment on the collar fabric reduces condensation pick-up from your breath.
- Balaclava-style hood can be worn under a helmet.
- Wrap-over chinguard.
- No seams on the shoulder tops for comfort under pack straps.
- 2 chest pockets for access under a harness.
- Close cut fits easily under a harness.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Pockets||2 mesh-lined external chest|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.