Whether you’re going for precision triangulation for fine navigation or “shooting from the hip” while orienteering, the MC-AD can keep you found. This version is specifically balanced for optimum accuracy in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Fixed declination correction.
- Mirror lid locks open at 60, 120, and 180 degrees.
- Size with lid closed is 56 x 84 x 15mm (2.2 x 3.3 x 0.6in.).
- Liquid-filled, for steady needle.
- Temperature range from 4 – 60°C (40 – 140°F).
- Self-cleaning capsule bearing.
The earth's magnetic field varies considerably so most compasses are designed to work in the specific hemisphere zones for which they are being used. A global compass can be used anywhere.
Measures angles of slope, elevation or inclination.
Luminous markings allow you to read your compass in dim light conditions.
Sets the compass to indicate true north instead of magnetic north.