This fully featured pack is excellent for multi-day backpacking and or mountaineering. The backpad plate can be slid up and down the stays, allowing precise adjustment to your back. The pad then locks firmly into place with a large hook-and-loop patch for stability.
- Body is 630-denier Superpack nylon with fully taped seams and bartack reinforcements.
- Bottom, lid, and exterior pocket are extra-rugged 1050-denier smooth nylon.
- Body contact surfaces are covered with 3-D mesh for breathability.
- Polyethylene frame sheet and twin aluminum stays for efficient load transfer to hips.
- Main compartment is accessible via the top spindrift collars, a large vertical zipper, or a horizontal zipper to the sleeping bag compartment.
- Main compartment has a stretch mesh pocket and hose exit port for a hydration system.
- The top of the sleeping bag compartment can be unclipped to connect to the main compartment above.
- Large front pocket accessible via a full length side zipper or the outer spindrift collar.
- Two low-profile side pockets hold items you need to retrieve quickly or quarantine from the main load (such as fuel bottles.)
- The underside pocket in the floating lid is fronted with mesh-reinforced transparent plastic for easy location of items inside.
- Twin waistbelt pockets hold small items close at hand.
- All exterior zippers are weatherproof or flap protected.
- Shockcord attachment system can be used for crampons or other gear.
- Removable ice axe loop.
- Compression straps trim and stabilize the load.
- Twin stretch mesh water bottle pockets.
|Main fabric||630-denier nylon|
|Secondary fabric||1050-denier nylon|
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Hipbelt circumference||90-158cm (long)|
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.