Your first and best defence against a bear attack is always prevention: use good food hygiene in camp, be aware of where you're walking, and make noise while underway to give bears a chance to steer clear of you. But close encounters may occur despite all your precautions. At such times, you'll appreciate having an active, non-lethal deterrent. This spray causes temporary eye tearing and respiratory distress, but leaves no permanent damage.
- Fires for approximately 12 seconds.
- Range is roughly 8m (25ft.).
- Active ingredient is 1% capsaicin that will not cause permanent eye damage.
- Dual component Dymel-nitrogen propellant remains effective at extremely low temperatures and does not cause ozone depletion.
- Glow-in-the-dark safety clip allows you to find the unit in the dark.
- Zap tie prevents accidental loss of safety clip.
- Three-year shelf life, with expiration date on label.
- Note: When purchasing or picking up bear spray in-store, valid Photo ID is required.