This soft shell jacket offers a superb balance of light insulation, breathability, and weather-resistance. The close-fitting hood adds an extra degree of warmth and fits snugly beneath a helmet without restricting vision or mobility. The highly abrasion-resistant fabric is blended with spandex to ensure lots of stretch.
This is a low-profile garment with just enough insulation to keep you warm in cold weather as long as you stay on the move. The fit is close but not tight, with ample room for layering over light or midweight underwear. Even though soft shell garments are suitable for a broad range of weather conditions, we recommend you carry an additional waterproof-breathable shell if you're travelling for several days, or if really nasty weather is expected.
- Made of Schoeller® Dryskin Extreme, a double weave fabric containing 80% nylon, 10% spandex, and 10% polyester.
- The fabric also features new NanoSphere® DWR (durable water repellency) technology. Schoeller has developed an environmentally sound process which introduces a new, durable surface texture to the fabric.
- Close-cut athletic fit with snug, but comfy hood.
- Chest pocket positioned high enough to avoid a harness belt.
- Small zippered accessory pocket on left bicep.
- Cozy microfleece-lined collar.
- Full front zip with full-length zipper flap.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
|Pockets||1 external chest|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.