Lightweight and packable, this fully seam-taped jacket is good for travelling in wet climates or anywhere with unpredictable weather patterns. The interior is coated with microporous polyurethane, which is moderately breathable, durable, and fully waterproof. As an unlined garment, it packs up small and doesn't add much weight, so you're more likely to bring it along in uncertain weather. Best of all, the Hydrofoil packs amazing value into a versatile piece of gear.
- Made of 50-denier ripstop nylon. Coated with Entrant® DT microporous polyurethane on the inside.
- Exterior is treated with Kudos Super Durable Water Repellency treatment.
- Fully taped seams for maximum wet-weather protection.
- Integral, fully adjustable hood with reinforced brim for full weather resistance.
- Underarm zips for added ventilation.
- 2 zippered outer pockets.
- Headphone port and cord loop to route your earbuds.
- Velcro® adjustable sleeve cuffs.
- Elastic drawcord at bottom hem.
- Hip-length, relatively loose fit for layering over light to mid-weight garments.
- Jackets are manufactured in both Thailand and China.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.