A compact water purifier ideal for travel. When you immerse the lamp in water, shortwave ultraviolet light disrupts the DNA of bacteria, viruses, and protozoa, rendering them harmless.
SteriPen is intended for, and is most effective with, clear water. It has also been shown to reduce microbial contamination in mildly turbid water, but you should consider an alternate purification system any time you expect to encounter turbidity. If you do use SteriPen in turbid water, please follow all package instructions very carefully.
- Treatment of .5L takes approximately 45 seconds and 1.0L takes approximately 90 seconds.
- Lamp life is approximately 8,000 treatments.
- Requires two CR123 lithium batteries (not included).
- Manufacturer’s tests indicate that disposable CR123 will treat approximately 50L of water, while 750 mAh rechargeables will treat approximately 25L.
- Weight is 105g including batteries.
- Note: colder ambient temperatures will reduce the number of doses per battery charge. In cold conditions warm SteriPen to above 0°C before using, and store batteries in a pocket or other warm location.