Lightweight, and easily stowed into its own zippered inside pocket, the Tremblant is quickly accessed to fend off the chill during backcountry pursuits. The sewn-through, high-thread count nylon fabric is soft and subtle, and slides bunch-free beneath a shell garment when needed. Overfilling the down in the shoulders ensures greater warmth that’s durable, even when the jacket is worn beneath a pack.
- Shell is soft nylon.
- Insulation is 575 fill-power down.
- Torso is sewn-through construction.
- Shoulder chambers are overfilled to prevent the down from shifting.
- Microfleece-lined handwarmer pockets.
- Inner chest pocket inverts to become a stuff sack for the jacket.
- Zip-off, shockcord-adjustable, down-filled hood.
- Shockcorded hem seals drafts out and warmth in.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Insulation||575 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.