A vest that provides a lot of warmth for the core, without restricting the arms – or squeezing the wallet. Wear it in the chalet, or as an outer garment in spring or fall; slip it under other layers in winter.
- The shell and lining are made from 310-thread count, downproof nylon taffeta.
- Insulated with 575 fill-power duck down.
- Sewn-through construction.
- Shoulders are overfilled with down to ensure long lasting warmth, even if you’re carrying a pack.
- A large zipped inside pocket converts to a stuff sack for the vest.
- Close-fitting collar warms the neck.
- Long kidney-covering back.
- Soft brushed polyester lining in the hand pockets.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Insulation||575 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.