If moderate cost and assured cold-weather comfort are more critical than lightness and an absolutely minimal packed size, this is your parka. Great for general winter fun and moderately active pursuits. The outer fabric is treated to shed snow, but stay breathable, but the un-taped seams means it's not fully waterproof.
Winter-worthy features include fleece-lined handwarmer pockets, and an internal chest pocket with a headphone port that’ll keep the music coming even in battery-killing cold.
- Shell is made of nylon with a windproof Entrant-V waterproof-breathable coating and a snow-shedding DWR (durable water repellency) treatment. Un-taped seams.
- MEC Hyperloft insulation is a bit heavier in the body for core warmth, a bit lighter in the arms for maximum mobility.
- ECO polyester lining.
- Tricot fleece chin guard lining and pocket lining.
- Full coverage zip-off hood.
- Bottom hem drawcord.
- Coverage to the lower thigh.
- Internal waist elastic drawcord.
- Two external chest pockets.
- Two large internal mesh bag pockets.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.