Cut to slide easily over a fleece jacket or cozy sweater, this two-layer waterproof-breathable jacket is made for light adventures or when you just want to get outside. The polyester face fabric features a simple basket weave that is very abrasion-resistant. Its inherent water repellency is amped up with a DWR treatment; the result is great water shedding capacity.
- Fully taped waterproof-breathable construction.
- Unique Teijin Eco Storm™ recycled polyester laminate technology.
- Face fabric and interior lining is recycled, heavy metal-free polyester.
- Interior mesh MP3 pocket.
- Shockcord hem is adjustable from inside the flapped handwarmer pockets.
- Flapped chest pocket
- Detachable fully adjustable hood, with stiffened brim.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.