With a contemporary cut that slides over midweight underlayers or even technical base layers, these pants are made for outdoor generalists. The polyester face fabric features a simple basket weave that is very abrasion-resistant. Its inherent water repellency is amped up with an excellent DWR (durable water repellency) treatment; the result is great water shedding capacity.
- Fully taped waterproof-breathable construction.
- Teijin Eco Storm™ recycled polyester 2-layer laminate.
- Face fabric and interior lining is recycled, heavy metal-free polyester.
- Gusseted crotch for mobility.
- Internal integral waistbelt with side-release buckle.
- Coated nylon kick patches protect high-wear areas.
- Calf-high ankle zips with snap closures.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.