This half rope is sold by the metre, so you can customize it to your projects.
- UIAA test fall rating of 13 (half rope test using 55kg).
- Rated to an impact force of 6.7kN.
- Weight of 44g / m.
- Dynamic elongation is 30%.
- Rated as a half rope, so for technical climbing, it must be used in sets of two with gear clipped alternately.
- Dry treated for ice, alpine and glacier use.
Dry ropes have a water-resistant treatment on both core and sheath. Dry (UIAA certified) ropes have both core and sheath treated, plus meet the UIAA Water Repellent standard by passing a stringent test where a soaked rope cannot absorb more than 5% of the rope's weight.
Maximum elongation in the first UIAA test fall, where a weight is attached to the rope and then dropped. Higher numbers indicate stretchier ropes.
The amount of force, in kN, that the first UIAA fall puts on the falling object. Less impact force puts less force on the climber, belayer, and protection during a fall.
UIAA fall rating
Indicates the number of consecutive falls a rope withstood during testing in a controlled environment. The number is for reference only, and does not indicate the number of falls a rope will withstand during actual use or over its lifespan.