Designed for backcountry comfort, the new women's Fusion soft shell pants are made from Schoeller® stretch-woven fabric, for windproofness and breathability. Offering a lighter, more comfortable feel than hard shell pants, these stand up in most weather conditions except seriously hard precipitation. Inside surface is lightly fleeced to take the surface chill off when the winds pick up.
- Schoeller® stretch-woven fabric with NanoSphere® DWR (durable water repellency) technology. Polyester microfleece on inside.
- Stretch woven fabric integral gaiter enhances breathability and saves weight.
- High-backed waist, with internal waistband and belt.
- Two zip-front handwarmer pockets.
- Articulated fit in hips and knees, for ease of movement.
- One thigh pocket.
- Kick patch.
- Gripper elastic at the cuff, to help it stay positioned.
- Shockcord at hem.
- Fit allows for under-layering.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories: